The features outlined here are currently available to AKMLS, FMLS, LVR, MAR, NVAR, PWAR, Realcomp and VAR members only.
Document Packages are here to help save you time. They're a combination of commonly-used documents, forms, and clauses, and can be customized and copied time and time again. Think of them as transaction kits: templates containing the same forms that you most commonly use in a deal, forever at-the-ready to use at a moment's notice.
Get to know the Packages section:
- Click 'Packages' in the left side menu.
- Your Remine Docs account comes pre-loaded with several Document Packages, each containing a combination of forms that are commonly used together depending on the type of transaction. These packages (and this article, for that matter) are here to serve as a starting point: unless otherwise instructed by your broker or admin, we strongly recommend customizing your Document Packages to your own specific preferences.
- Note that you can create a new document Package from scratch by clicking '+Package' at the top of the page
- ...but for this example, have a look at this 'Buyer - Condominium' package. It contains a general purchase agreement as well as a few other forms that I, as an agent, would typically use when representing the buyer of a freehold:
Document packages that your brokerage created cannot be edited, but you can create as many of your own document packages that can be completely customized for my own needs:
If you'd like to remove any one of these documents from the package, click the 'x'.
To add another document to the package, click 'Add Documents'.
Another item to note: you can order these documents in the order that you'd want to present them to your client or cooperating party. This can be done by simply dragging-and-dropping the documents until they're in the order you want. Note that you can always re-order these documents once you’ve created a file for your client.
Save even MORE time by customizing the forms in your packages:
Not only can you use document Packages so that you don't have to repeatedly gather specific forms for every new client - you can also customize the forms themselves to help save you even MORE time!
Let's use this purchase agreement for example: From the 'Buyer - Freehold' package, I can click 'Customize' next to that form and start filling in the fields that typically contain the same info for most transactions. Some examples of this include:
- Adding the law firm that I/my brokerage typically uses for the closing attorney
- Checking boxes indicating that possession transfers to the buyer at closing
- The clauses that I typically add to a purchase agreement
If I typically use the same collection for clauses, I can fill it in here so that they're already part of my purchase agreement when I’m generating an offer. Just click 'Add Clause' and select any individual clauses, as outlined in this article. Note that now (or later) I can click on any clause and use the 'icon set' to edit (1), waive/amend/fulfill (2), save after editing (3), delete (4) or rearrange the clauses by moving them up or down (5):
Anything you enter into these fields can always be edited once you're filling out these forms for an actual transaction.
To summarize, if you've got some real muscle-memory built up from entering the same information to the same fields over and over and over, chances are that adding it to the forms in your customized Document Package will save you a lot of time.