Currently, Remine Docs doesn't support the 'active' or 'fillable' fields in certain PDFs. Also, if the PDF that you're attempting to upload is 'locked', or coded to only be opened with a specific tool (like Adobe reader), Remine Docs likely can't read it. That being said, you can still upload a copy of the original into Remine Docs.
If you've got a lot of fields to fill in the form, try this as a workaround:
- Download the form
- Fill in the fields in Adobe, or whichever preferred tool you use on your device
- Instead of simply saving, do print -> print to PDF. This will create a new, "flattened" version of the PDF including all the info you entered
- Upload THAT file, and once in Remine Docs, place the signature & initial tags where you need them
Additionally, here are a few suggestions on how to convert the fillable PDF into a file type that can be uploaded into Remine Docs:
If you're using a Mac:
- Open the PDF in Preview
- Click File and select Export as PDF
- Give it a new name so that you can easily distinguish the new PDF from the original download
- Upload the new PDF to the client file
If you're using a PC:
- Open the PDF using Adobe
- Click File and select Print
- Choose Microsoft Print to PDF as the printer in the print dialog box
- Click Print
- Give it a new name so that you can easily distinguish the new PDF from the original download and click Save
- The steps above may vary depending on the version of your operating system.
The steps above may vary depending on the version of your operating system.