Currently, Remine Docs doesn't support the 'active' or 'fillable' fields in certain PDFs. Also, if the PDF that you're attempting to upload is 'locked', or coded to only be opened with a specific tool (like Adobe reader), Remine Docs likely can't read it. That being said, you can still upload a copy of the original into Remine Docs.
If you've got a lot of fields to fill in the form, try this as a workaround:
- Download the form
- Fill in the fields in Adobe, or whichever preferred tool you use on your device
- Instead of simply saving, do print -> print to PDF. This will create a new, "flattened" version of the PDF including all the info you entered
- Upload THAT file, and once in Remine Docs, place the signature & initial tags where you need them
Additionally, here are a few suggestions on how to convert the fillable PDF into a file type that can be uploaded into Remine Docs:
If you're using a Mac:
- Open the PDF in Preview
- Click File and select Export as PDF
- Give it a new name so that you can easily distinguish the new PDF from the original download
- Upload the new PDF to the client file
If you're using a PC:
- Open the PDF using Adobe
- Click File and select Print
- Choose Microsoft Print to PDF as the printer in the print dialog box
- Click Print
- Give it a new name so that you can easily distinguish the new PDF from the original download and click Save
- The steps above may vary depending on the version of your operating system.
The steps above may vary depending on the version of your operating system.
Article is closed for comments.