The features outlined here are currently available to AKMLS, FMLS, LVR, MAR, NVAR, PWAR, Realcomp and VAR members only.
Docs+ Smart Forms that are created and stored in the same Transaction folder are automatically “linked” with one another. When these documents are linked, they share information from one to the other to save you the hassle of having to enter the same information repeatedly. This helps to fill out forms much faster.
When documents are linked, the following fields are shared from one form to the other:
- People names & contact info
- Property address
- Purchase price
- Deposit amount
- Agreement date
Information is shared from one form to the next until the first signature on any document in the transaction has been completed. For example:
- I enter the name ‘Billy Buyer’ as the buyer on a purchase agreement
- I add a ‘Buyer Representation Agreement’ (BRA) to the same Transaction file
- Billy’s name will be pulled from the purchase agreement (from step 1) and added to any applicable fields in the BRA
- I send the ‘Buyer Representation Agreement’ to Billy and he completes the signatures on this document
- Linking will now be turned off as one of the documents in the transaction has now been signed
After this point, any changes to any one document will not automatically link to the other documents in the transaction since one document has been signed. If I added ‘Brenda Buyer’ to the purchase agreement, this change will NOT reflect in the BRA.
If I add another document to the Transaction file (like a Disclosure Agreement for example) prior to the first signature being completed, it will search other associated documents for applicable names and will add both ‘Billy Buyer’ and ‘Brenda Buyer’ to any of its applicable fields.
You will now see a 'refresh' option appear in the top right corner of the document after the first signature has been completed in the transaction. Clicking this will 'refresh' the data on the document to match the most current transaction details.